Upper Middle Bogan.
(Comedy; Series 1, 8 x 30 mins HD)
When an upper middle class woman discovers she is adopted, she is shocked to find out she comes from a drag racing family in the outer suburbs.
/ Thursdays, 8.30pm ABC1
/ Watch the Trailer
- "This might be the finest Australian comedy in years. For one thing, it's genuinely funny... more of this, please." — The Weekly Review
- "Hope's direction is accomplished, the scripting is tight, observant and very funny, and the performances are top shelf." — Gordon Farrer, Sydney Morning Herald
- "Bogan bounces along with well-crafted scripts, is cut to a snappy pace and boasts a cleverly chosen ensemble cast." — Debi Enker, Sydney Morning Herald
- "…this comedy is right on the pace; a clever script and top performances will make you laugh." — Lyndall Crisp, The Australian
- "...there's uniform development of character rather than caricature. It's all helped by a pitch-perfect cast, including the wonderful Patrick Brammall, a feisty Michala Banas and Robyn Nevin. I can't even tell you how good she is." — Tony Squires, The Age
- "Upper Middle Bogan is undeniably funny - it's got a marvellous screwball-comedy pace and rhythm - but it's also a surprisingly sweet and touching story." — Guy Davis, Geelong Advertiser
- "Hard to decide who's better here - Robyn Nevin as turbo snob Margaret or Michala Banas as turbo bogan Amber." — Cameron Adams, Herald Sun
- Created by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope
- Directed by Wayne Hope and Tony Martin